About Us:
The History of Kemp Drug

Kemp Drug was opened and founded in Bristow, Oklahoma in 1939.
The history of our Pharmacy is a story of it's own, but the legacy of our vision has continued for many generations over the years.

Scroll to View More

1939
Kemp Drug was first opened by Russell Sidney Kemp at 219 N. Main St. in Bristow, OK.
The store was located between City Hall and thePrincess Theatre on Main St.
1955
Max & Myra Kemp moved back to Bristow from Hominy to join Max’s father, Russel Kemp,  in the operation of Kemp Drug.
1964
After a fire destroyed the Princess Theater, the property was acquired by the Kemp family. The Pharmacy created a journey to expand and relocate. The facility's construction began in 1964 and was completed in 1969.
1969
In 1969, The brand new facility was completed and Kemp Drug officially relocated from 219 N Main St to 215 N Main St. in Bristow, Oklahoma!
1996
OUT with the Old and IN with the New!
In 1996, a new brick walk way was built beside Kemp Drug!
1999
In 1999, The Kemp Family sold the Pharmacy to Bethany Bramwell.
Bethany Bramwell was a 1999 Graduate of SWOSU College of Pharmacy.
2006
In 2006, Bethany sold the Kemp Drug Pharmacy to Susan Wells, a 1990 Graduate of UAMS College of Pharmacy.
Susan Wells is the current Owner and Pharmacist of Kemp Drug, and has continued the "Kemp Drug" name legacy with Bristow for nearly 20 Years.